Learn more about our clinical inter, Alexis Cross!
1. What inspired you to enter this field? I feel most aligned to my purpose when I am helping others and I have a passion for understanding and improving relationships and family systems. This career change was me finally embracing that as a profession.
2. Where has been your favorite place to travel and why? I have always had a special connection to Spain. I taught English to teens in Madrid after undergrad and try to return every couple of years to see friends and enjoy other parts of the county. It’s such a lovely culture, it always reminds me to slow down and enjoy the present moment.
3. Do you currently hold any specialties or certificates? Or are there any you would like to work towards getting?I would like to work towards obtaining my Gottman level 1 certification, and potentially more from there.
4. What is your favorite thing about living in Chicago? Everything. Chicago is a wonderful city. The beautiful lake, the skyline at night, taking walks along the lakefront or the 606, the uniqueness of each neighborhood, the incredible food, and the people.
5. What are some tools you use to decompress? I’ve found that fresh air, healthy food, and solitude will typically get me back on track. I’ll take a walk with my dog Olive, cook myself a nourishing meal, journal, or take a hot bath.
6. What are you most looking forward to for fall?Seeing the leaves change colors, trying out seasonal coffee flavors, sweaters, and cozy comfort foods.