My approach is tailored to each client’s unique situation, needs, and goals
Working from a strengths-based, integrative model, I commonly address the following issues:
- Life transitions
- Sense of feeling overwhelmed, overly stressed, or “stuck”
- Relationship concerns
- Emotional issues related to physical health concerns
- Grief and loss
- Processing trauma
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Emotion identification, expression, and regulation
- Premarital counseling
- Improving communication
- Conflict resolution
- Healing after infidelity
- Repairing trust
- Couple issues related to medical concerns, including infertility
- Identifying and maintaining boundaries
- Nontraditional Relationships
- Concerns regarding emotional and/or physical intimacy
- Family of origin concerns
- Parenting concerns
- Strengthening sibling relationships
- Navigating issues related to extended family
- Emotional and behavioral issues in children and teens
- Family conflict
- Blended families
Katie is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist whose counseling experience ranges from pre-marital counseling through crisis intervention.
She enjoys working with individuals, couples, and families to create and implement a treatment program to best meet their unique needs and goals.
How can I help?
Clients regularly describe me as
because I believe that my client should complete each session feeling that our time together was productive, while also feeling grounded, secure, and that there is the necessary space for processing and healing. Working towards my client’s goals, I am gentle and nonjudgmental while directly addressing the source of struggle.